It is unfortunate to announce the cancellation of CANOSC (due to take place April 24-25 in Vancouver, BC).  We hope to hold CANOSC in the fall once the spread of the virus is contained and the calm is restored.

We know that this will come as an enormous disappointment.  This is not a decision we have taken lightly and there are three overriding concerns that have caused us to make this decision at this time.

  • First, BC has recently called for the ban on events with over 250 delegates. This announcement makes the probability of factors outside our control forcing us to cancel CANOSC at the last minute much higher.
  • Second, our primary concern is always the responsibility we feel towards our faculty, delegates and partners.  The only ay to stop the spread is to minimize exposure. We will do what we can to support this initiative. 
  • Third, many of you are now facing travel bans or restrictions and therefore could not attend.

While only a short time ago we felt optimistic that April was far enough away to confidently proceed with our plans, as it stands today the pandemic is creating significant uncertainty and confusion.

All fees will be refunded unless you specifically request to donate your fees to any financial exposure that CANOSC will incur for cancelling or if you wish to defer your registration to the fall.  Send us a quick email before March 20 if deferring or donating is of interest to you.

If you have booked your own travel or accommodations, please be sure to cancel.  If we have made arrangements on your behalf, we will assist with the cancelations.